If it’s your turn to cook Christmas dinner this year and have no idea where to start look no further. We have put together a detailed guide on how to create the perfect Christmas dinner for all of the family to enjoy.
Ingredients you will need
- Olive oil
- Good set of saucepans
- Stuffing Mix
- Cranberry sauce
Step 1 Turkey
You need to give yourself plenty of time to cook your turkey, preparing it the night before can be useful for time.
- Make sure it is thoroughly defrosted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / gas mark 5
- Rub butter under the skin of the turkey
- Seasons the turkey generously with salt and pepper
- Cover with tin foil and remove for the last 20 minutes of cooking for a crispy skin.
- Put it in the oven to roast for about 2 hours depending on the size of your turkey.
Step 2 vegetables
- Wash your potatoes and peel them
- Place them in your pan of water just enough to cover the potatoes.
- Set your hob on a high heat until they boil reducing it to a medium heat to simmer.
- Leave to cook for 20 minutes
- Check they are cooked by using a fork to see if they are soft.
- Mash them if you prefer using a masher, milk and butter.
Throughout cooking your vegetables keep checking the turkey is cooking nicely you don’t want it to burn.
- Wash your potatoes and part boil them for 10 minutes.
- Drain well and shake to roughen up the edges.
- Spoon the potatoes in a pre heated tray with oil.
- Roast until golden brown for 15 minutes then turn them over and roast for a further 15 minutes.
Parsnips and Carrots
- Peel and slice the carrots and parsnips
- Boil the water in a pan and drop the vegetables in and boil for 10 minutes.
- Put them in a roasting dish, sprinkle with olive oil and a few mixed herbs to season.
- Roast for 30 minutes
- Cut the stems from the sprouts and pull the outer layer of the leaves off.
- Cut a cross into the bottom of your brussels.
- Place them into a pan and bring to the boil over a high heat reducing this to medium once boiled.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until soft and drain
- Place your stuffing mix in a bowl and add boiling water and a large knob of butter.
- Stir well to thicken the mixture
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes
- If you prefer a crunchy texture you can place it in the oven for a few minutes to brown it off.
- Put your gravy mix into a bowl add some boiling water and stir until it is as thick or as thin as you like.
- You could also add meat juices to give it extra taste.
- You can buy this readymade so you can add as much or as little as you want to your dinner.
With all your vegetables and turkey cooked the next stage is to dish it all up and dig in!
Hopefully we have given you some helpful tips on how to cook the perfect Christmas dinner for you and your family.