Motorbike Insurance cover can differ to the cover provided under a private car or commercial vehicle policy. Although the cover you can select from is the same; Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft, and Third Party Only, the actual cover provided under the motorbike insurance will differ. Therefore you should always check the motorbike insurance policy document to ensure you have the cover you need.
REMEMBER - Choosing the cheapest bike insurance quote can seem like a good idea, but can be a false economy in the long-term.
The following is information regarding the different levels of cover available under a motorbike insurance policy to give you a clearer idea on what level of cover is right for you.
Third Party Only
This type of motorbike insurance policy covers you for:
- Third Party Injury/Death – If you hit someone and unfortunately they are inured as a result of the accident, you would be covered if a claim is made against you from the third party.
- Third Party Property damage – If you cause damage to any property belonging to the third party as a result of an accident, you will be covered for the damage you have caused.
- Foreign use in an EU country – You would be covered to ride in another country in the European Union subject to terms and conditions of your policy.
Third Party Fire and Theft
In addition to the cover Third Party only provides this type of motorbike insurance policy covers you for:
- Loss or damage to the bike caused by fire
- Loss or damage to the bike caused by lightening
- Loss or damage to the bike caused by theft
- Loss or damage to the bike caused by attempted theft
In addition to the cover Third Party Fire & Theft provides this type of motorbike insurance policy covers you for:
Loss or damage to the Vehicle
- Cover is provided in the event of accidental damage to your vehicle. The insurers will pay for repairs if the bike is able to be fixed, replace it, or pay the market value of the vehicle should the bike be written off (irreparable).
Loss or damage to standard accessories
- As long as they are permanently attached to the Motorbike, Insurers may provide cover for these accessories; however a limit may be placed on the value of the accessories that they will cover.
- Cover for acts of vandalism against the policyholder’s bike. This covers major and minor acts of vandalism such as deliberately scratching of the bike.
Why let Autonet help you choose your motorbike insurance policy?
At Autonet we aim to make choosing your motorbike insurance
a lot easier. We have extensive experience in the insurance industry, and as one of the UK's largest independently owned insurance brokers, we have built excellent relationships with insurers throughout the whole of the UK. We will always aim to provide you with excellent customer service and helpful advice, so give our team a call today.