Skip To The Main Content
Autonet Logo

What Public Liability Cover do I need?

by  | 

When you work on people’s properties and with members of the general public you may be susceptible to claims being made against you. No matter how good you are at your job accidents can happen and if you don’t have the right cover in place then you could end up having to pay a hefty compensation claim. Some compensation claims can total thousands of pounds which could leave you and your business in serious trouble. In the worst case scenario you may need to shut down completely.

To avoid any such situation it is advisable that you search for a public liability insurance quote which will provide you with the necessary cover to protect you and your business.

What level of cover do I need?

There are various levels of cover through Autonet ranging from the lowest at one million pounds up to the highest at ten million pounds.

Can I get employers cover?

Yes you can. If you have people that work for you and your business or company then it is a legal requirement that you have employer’s liability cover. This will ensure that if an employee suffers an injury whilst working for you as a result of your negligence, then any compensation claim they make will be covered by your employers liability cover.

Are there any special terms?

With any type of public and employers liability insurance policy there are always different terms (or endorsements as they are known) on the policy. This will be dependent on the type of industry you work in. For example if you are a plumber and you use a blow torch to solder pipes together then there will be a clause in the policy that will allow you to use heat. Different trades will have different endorsements in the terms and conditions of the policy so these must be disclosed to the client before they take out the policy.

© Copyright Autonet Insurance

By Mark Bakharia