Valentine’s Day is here so if you are looking to cook up a storm for your loved one but are struggling for ideas look no further! We have put together a tailor made step by step guide on how to cook the perfect valentine’s meal.
- Salt and Pepper
First course: Asparagus wrapped in bacon
Did you know; Asparagus and bacon are both well-known aphrodisiacs.
- Wash your asparagus thoroughly and then wrap the bacon around three or four pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Place your asparagus on grease proof paper and then place it on a baking tray. Cook for 20 minutes at 180°c and serve.
Second course: Spaghetti with meatballs
Have your very own lady and the tramp moment and get that special kiss on Valentine’s Day!
Place the oil in the pan, add onions until soft adding the herbs.
- Add your passata to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Now take a small amount of mincemeat and roll into a ball and place them in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Cook through until they are thoroughly cooked on both sides.
- Add your meatballs to the pan of sauce to simmer, keep stirring throughout this step.
- Get another pan and fill it with water, bring to the boil and add your spaghetti until it is cooked.
- All that is left to do is dish up, put the spaghetti on plate and pour over your meatballs and sauce.
Third course: Chocolate covered strawberries
Strawberries are a romantic fruit and used to portray love around the world, they will also go perfectly with a glass of sparkling champagne!
- Place your chocolate in a bowl, put the bowl into a pan of simmering water – this will melt the chocolate, stir occasionally until it is smooth.
- Take each strawberry and dip them in the chocolate about three quarters of the way up. Place on a tray and put in the fridge until they harden.
There you have it, a simple three course meal that is easy to cook and will impress your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
Happy Valentine’s Day!