Hurrah, Winter and Autumn have been and gone! It’s the first day of Spring today so what better guide to give to you than how to prepare your home for Spring. Homes can be neglected over Winter which is why we have put together a few ideas that will see you ready for Spring leading into Summer!
Tools of the trade
- Gardening tools
- Paint brushes
- Rubbish bags
Spruce up for Spring inside and out!
Step into the garden and take a look around. Just a few things to do ready for that BBQ weather!
- Clean up last year’s leaves and debris from the Winter season – you will be surprised how much there will be!
- Remove damaged fence posts, dig up over grown or dead plants – this will free up a lot of room in your garden.
- Turn your soil over using a trowel/ spade, this will make it look a little fresher – the weeks of ice and cold temperatures takes its toll.
- Once you have done the above, why not plant a few new plants into your garden to give it an extra Spring feel.
Many of us hibernate in the Winter months... blow off those cobwebs!
- It is a good idea to tidy behind and under your dryer and then clean the dryer vent – you won’t be using it as much over the next few months!
- Give your living room or bedroom a fresh coat of paint.
- Clean your windows – Winter can be unpredictable so giving your windows a thorough clean will get the Winter grime off.
- Whilst you are preparing for warmer months it’s a good idea to check your security system fire alarm and home insurance – many of us go out in the coming months to enjoy the weather, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
There you have it, our guide on how to prepare your home for Spring using basic household tools and ideas which won’t cost anything! Hopefully we will get the nice weather as well!
© Copyright Autonet Insurance
By Amanda Bainbridge