After the winter months have passed it is a good opportunity to give your vehicle a much needed spring clean. We have put together a guide that will help you to give your vehicle a thorough clean in time for the warmer months ahead.
What you will need
- Car shampoo
- Chamois leather
Inside your vehicle
- Take out any car mats before you start to vacuum, be sure to move any items out of your vehicle that you don’t want to accidentally vacuum up!
- Start to vacuum your vehicle, don’t forget those hard to reach places!
- Once you have vacuumed, clean your vehicles windows inside with clean warm water and dry off with a chamois leather.
- Polish the dash board and any other interior to remove any remaining dust.
Outside your vehicle
- Fill your bucket with clean warm water and shampoo – remember using a bucket instead of a hosepipe can help the environment and could save you money.
- Now put your shampoo into your bucket adding clean warm water – allow your sponge to soak up the water!
- Begin to clean your vehicle starting with the roof working your way down, paying attention to the undersides of doors and sills.
- Once you have cleaned your vehicle thoroughly fill up your bucket and begin to rinse, repeat this step until the shampoo has disappeared completely.
- Dry off your vehicle using a chamois leather
- Once your vehicle has completely dried now is the time to wax to give it that finishing touch.
- Dampen your sponge and apply a small amount of wax to it, start to wax your vehicle in a clockwise circular motion, applying it over every section of the vehicles paint work.
- Next use a cloth to rub the wax off using a counter clockwise direction.
- Get a clean cloth and go over it one more time for that extra sparkle.
Once you have given your vehicle its spring clean be sure to check its oil, radiator coolant level, windscreen wash and tyre pressure. It may also be a good idea to check your vehicles insurance and tax expiry to ensure they are valid.