What is a Fleet Insurance policy?
Fleet Insurance is a type of policy that covers multiple business vehicles (known as a 'fleet') at once.
Businesses take out fleet insurance as it's an easy way of insuring multiple vehicles, rather than trying to keep on top of multiple insurance policies. With business fleet insurance, you only need to renew one policy, even if you have different drivers.
You can usually insure different vehicle models under a sole fleet van or car insurance, but your provider will need to know the details of each vehicle.
At Autonet, we want to make your life easier by providing you with the right motor Fleet Insurance for your business. We pride ourselves on our customer service, helping you find the appropriate cover to get your vehicles on the road.
To find out more information, contact a member of our team today or get a quote online.
Why choose Autonet for Fleet Insurance?
As part of a multi-award-winning company, you've come to the right place to find insurance for your fleet. We've been providing insurance policies for businesses over the last 25 years, so we'll aim to find the right policy for you.
- Business fleet insurance, plus other related policies
- Quick and simple process
- Protection when you need it, including instant cover
- Part of an award-winning company
- Positive rating on Trustpilot
- Work with leading insurers
- 24-hour, UK-based claims helpline
Fleet insurance FAQs
We understand that you may have a lot of questions if you've never taken out company fleet insurance before. That's why we've listed our most frequently asked questions here.
Fleet Insurance works by covering all the vehicles you use within your business under one policy. It will be registered in the name of the company itself or the name of a partner or director.
Motor fleets can vary in size depending on your operation:
- Small fleets - Local trade businesses may have a fleet of as few as two vehicles. This is sometimes referred to as a 'mini fleet'. We work with some insurers who offer cover for two-vehicle fleets.
- Large fleets - Some firms can have hundreds of vehicles in their fleet, so they often benefit most from a large Fleet Insurance quote. Through Autonet, you could get a quote for fleet sizes between 2-12, going up to 15 at renewal.
Depending on your circumstances, a Fleet Insurance policy can provide protection for:
- Loss of, or damage to, your vehicles
- Vehicle recovery in the event of a breakdown or accident
- Support with paying legal fees
- Damage to your vehicles' windscreens and windows
- Replacement locks should your keys be stolen
- Help towards medical expenses should you or a passenger be involved in an accident in a vehicle that's part of your covered motor fleet
- We understand that specific business needs can be complex. That's why we also provide fleet insurance for:
- Protection of personal belongings that are lost or damaged in a vehicle insured under one policy
- Trailers attached or connected to a vehicle insured under the policy
Please note that all the benefits are subject to the policy you choose through our panel of insurers.
We use a panel of insurers to give you two cover options for your Fleet Insurance policy:
- Comprehensive - The highest standard level of insurance you can have for your vehicles. A comprehensive fleet insurance policy covers you for damage to your vehicles, as well as any damage caused to other vehicles in a collision. You can claim for damages even if your drivers are deemed to be at fault.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft (TPFT) - While you won't be able to claim for most damages to your vehicles on TPFT, you will be able to claim if they're stolen or catch fire. You'll also be covered for any damage to other road users and their cars.
The types of vehicles required for a successful operation vary from business to business. Fleet Insurance through Autonet covers multiple vehicles in the following types:
- HGVs and trucks
This will vary between insurers and most will set a minimum and maximum number of vehicles for a fleet.
A small fleet typically consists of two vehicles minimum. However, a much larger fleet can include hundreds or thousands of vehicles, depending on the size and nature of the business.
The cost of your Fleet Insurance is dependent on a number of factors, including the size of your fleet, your vehicle models, the type of cover you're looking for, the drivers and your claims history. The amount of voluntary excess you're willing to pay can contribute to the overall cost, too.
If you'd like to find out your Fleet Insurance quotes, use our handy online service and get a quote today.
If you need to make a claim, you can reach us 24/7 on 03303 439 244. Our claims handlers will guide you through everything, while it can speed things up if you have the following:
- Your policy details
- Details relating to your claim
- Supporting evidence (e.g. photos or police reports)
Learn more about the process of making a claim.
Get a Fleet Insurance quote
At Autonet, we want to help you find the right commercial fleet insurance for your business, removing the difficulty of having multiple policies for your company vehicles. Manage your fleet with ease and get a quote with us online today.