What is Fleet Insurance?
Fleet Insurance is a type of policy that covers multiple business vehicles (known as a ‘fleet’) at once.
The key benefit of Fleet Insurance is that it’s an easy way of insuring multiple vehicles, rather than keeping on top of dozens of car insurance policies. Instead, you only need to renew one policy, even if you have different drivers.
How does Fleet Insurance work?
Fleet Insurance works by covering all the vehicles your business operates under one policy that is registered in the name of the company itself or in the name of a partner or director. Motor fleets can vary wildly in size depending on your operation:
- Small fleets — Local trade businesses may have a fleet of as few as two vehicles. This is sometimes referred to as a ‘mini fleet’. We work with some insurers who do offer cover for two-vehicle fleets.
- Large fleets — Some taxi firms can have hundreds of vehicles in their fleets, so they often benefit most from a bespoke Large Fleet Insurance quote.
What does Fleet Insurance cover?
Depending on your individual circumstances, a Fleet Insurance policy can provide protection for:
- Loss of, or damage to, your vehicles
- Vehicle recovery in the event of a breakdown or accident
- Support with paying legal fees
- Damage to your vehicles’ windscreens and windows
- Replacement locks should your keys be stolen
- Help towards medical expenses should you or a passenger be hurt in an accident in a vehicle that’s part of your covered motor fleet
We understand that your business needs can be complicated. That’s why we can also provide Fleet Insurance for:
- Protection for personal belongings that are lost or damaged in a vehicle insured under the policy
- Trailers attached or connected to a vehicle insured under the policy
Please note that all the benefits listed above are subject to the policy you choose through our specially-selected and trusted insurers.