If you've had an accident, it's important that you contact us on our 24-hour claims line straight away so that we can process your claim and resolve matters as soon as possible.
Call the Autonet accident and claims line on 0330 343 9244
To help process your claim more quickly, ensure you have the following details:
- Your policy documents
- Crime reference number (if applicable)
- Registration of any other vehicles involved in the accident
- Name/ address/ phone number of other party
- Details of any witnesses
- If possible, photographs of the accident and damage to vehicles involved.
If driving a vehicle owned or leased by an organisation, all accidents must be reported to the organisation's head or nominated person and an accident form completed, even if the vehicle is not damaged.
Remember - When you have an accident you should never admit fault until you've spoken to us or your insurer.
What happens next
Our friendly team will quickly establish whether your vehicle is covered and who is responsible for the accident.
Any claims under your policy will be handled by our team and we can arrange repairs, car hire (with a similar vehicle) and injury claims where necessary.
Claiming for a damaged windscreen?
If you’re claiming for damage to your windscreen, you can book your repair with our partner, Auto Windscreens. When making your claim, you’ll need to do the following:
- Tell them your registration number and date of birth
- Let them know that Swinton is your insurance provider
- Give them the size and location of damage, the date the damage occurred and how it happened
You can choose to take your vehicle to an Auto Windscreens fitting hub, or have them come to a location that suits you.Book your windscreen repair