Get roadside assistance cover in the UK with Autonet
It shouldn't be hard to take out the right roadside assistance cover for your peace of mind. At Autonet, we're here to help you to find the cover that works for you and your vehicle. We know that you want roadside assistance cover that you can trust. That's why we provide online roadside assistance cover through leading insurers AXA.
- Unlimited callouts
- An emergency helpline that's open 24/7, 365 days a year
- Cover that includes a flat battery, flat tyre, mechanical/electrical failure and lack of fuel
- Average response time of just one hour
- 80% of vehicles fixed at the roadside
- A service with an excellent 9/10 customer satisfaction score
Reporting a breakdown is incredibly simple. Using our online tool at rescue.autonetinsurance.co.uk we just need a few basic details (including your location and the vehicle's issue) and then you can leave the rest to us. We'll get a recovery operator to you as soon as possible! With an average response time of one hour, your recovery service will do their best to get your car on the road again as soon as possible.
We have a national network comprised of 3,000 roadside operators, ready to help you wherever you happen to be in the UK at the time you break down. We know that incidents can occur at any time, so we offer a 24/7 service that runs all year round.
Our operators fix 80% of the vehicles to which they are called right there at the roadside and have earned a 9/10 customer satisfaction rate. Get breakdown cover with a broker that you can trust today!
Roadside Assistance FAQs
It may not be a legal requirement to have roadside assistance cover in the UK but a breakdown can happen to anyone, at any time. It can be expensive to get the emergency assistance you need if you don't have cover.
These include but are not limited to:
- A flat or faulty battery - this is a very common cause of breakdowns. It can affect cars that don't get driven frequently or aren't taken on enough long runs to give them a chance to recharge.
- Damaged tyres - Unexpected potholes or debris can puncture your tyre and make it unsafe to continue driving. Not all modern cars come with a spare tyre, which makes it more likely that you'll need to call roadside assistance.
- Lost or locked-in car keys - It happens to the best of us! If you lose your keys or lock them in your car on a day out, the situation is already stressful enough. With breakdown cover, you'll be able to call somebody out to help you without worrying about paying an expensive upfront cost for a service with which you don't have cover.
The answer to this question will depend on the type of cover you select. You'll be able to choose between:
- Vehicle cover that covers one specific vehicle, which will be listed in your policy schedule.
- Personal cover that covers a specific policyholder on any vehicle that they are insured to drive (see the terms & conditions in your policy).
Yes. With this policy, it doesn't matter if you own a petrol, diesel, hybrid or electric car. You'll get access to the same helpline and you'll benefit from all the same features of this online car and van breakdown service.
If you break down on the motorway, it can be daunting to see other cars still moving along at speed. These are the crucial steps to follow:
- Put on your left indicators so that others can see that you need to move over.
- Move into the left lane as soon as it's safe to do so.
- Get into the hard shoulder or the nearest emergency area.
- Put on your hazard lights.
- If you have secured an AXA roadside assistance policy through us, request the assistance that you need online. It's quick and easy.